Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dusty Road


a poem/song just written now @ 4 a.m. July 29,2009

Dusty Road
(curan)

Avenue
of shattered emotions
spilling
across every corner.

As far
as my eyes can wander,
broken souls
here
and
up yonder.

Wind
of bitterness
carry me up high.
Take me away.
Join me
with the birds
up
in the sky


Can't take
the loneliness
that's

engrossing me.
I'm
drowning
in vain
agony.

I
see
shadows.


But ,
are they my friends?


Are they here to hurt me?
take my soul?


This
empty place

gives me
no peace.

Voices.
Voices.
Please.
Let me rest.

Drive me off this dusty road.
Take the speck
off my heart.

Let me see the beauty
in every misery.
Let me hear the music
in every agony.

But first
take me off this dusty road.
Take me
to the spring of life.
So i'll
be refreshed
and might see
the light
in every....

...dusty road
i may roam.
No more speck
like
when
i
was
in
Rome.

2009 michael anthony curan

0 comments: