Tuesday, March 24, 2009

THE FIRST TAGIK SESSION...

Markuz of Rescue A Hero


Isn't she beautiful?


Master Jude

Alphecca


Michael Anthony Curan w/ Mary Anne Alicaba


Chris Vince Sayson


TAGIK


I didn't have a digital camera yet so i don't have much photos to share other than those i grabbed from friends last night. Anyways, last night was the first TAGIK Session, TAGIK is the name of a union of Cebu's songwriters- may it indie or pop. serious or crazy, for as long as they write tunes and it's unique!

And Andy Calope invited me again. Or I invited Andy Calope to invite me again. Or I invited myself to his show again. Whatever whichever which. And as expected, i did some crazy stuff... Really crazy... Someone should post that in You Tube hahahaha (feeler!).

He opened the show with some Dave Matthewsque type of music. It was fun seeing his hand moved across the fretboard every second while not missing a beat (and notes too) in singing... Plus he wrote that awesome song too. I believe it's a gospel sort of song and its beautiful.

Next was Mr Chris Vince Sayson, lead guitarist and one of the songwriters of one of my favorite local band Undercover Grasshoppers. He graced us with his breezy rendition of some UG songs and it's beachy... Really listening to his voice is like bathing in the sunshine across the ocean on a cruise ship. Awesome indeed!

Alphecca grabbed Andy's guitar next and played some jazzy rock tune.
She's a member of a band Sefyla which is by the way featured on the Dobbie Nights Cd of Jam FM in Manila.

After some seriousness, i invaded the stage with another seriousness hahaha even brought Mary Anne Alicaba, my boardmate, to sing. Her voice is awesome and she needs more exposure. Then she left me alone and alone indeed i rocked the mic down and almost broke Andy's guitar.

Hahaha i wrote a song the night before and daringly performed it last night to my dismay cause i forgot the lyrics. But no worry. I can handle it. Infact i did. Or thought I did. Or... As long as i enjoyed it hahaha.. ANyways what i did with that song is i break it down like crazy-if-ya-knu-watta-meiean..

It was supposedly a traditional country song but instead it turned out to be a hiphop song at the second half of it with some mouth beatbox and scratching using my tongue and a lot of saliva here and there....
The audience did cheer (or booed hahaha!). I was having fun that night. I dunno 'bout them hehehe.

And next to me is Markus of Rescue A Hero, He's my friend but even friends don't wanna share each others saliva so he wiped the mic with alcohol first before singing on it... hahaha

He did 2 covers and one original (my favorite Simple Song) and really the guy reminds me a lot of Connor Oberst but his kinda unique cause he put his own signature sound to it. Talented and remarkable.


Then Andy came back on stage with a guess singer who will be leaving for Dubai next month.


Then came the great master Jud Gitamondoc with his 3 pop singers (and one of 'em is my crush hahaha. again? muted mouth. im out of her league so im leaguing with myself nalang), LP Pineda (cool voice. must be related to Arnel Pineda of Journey), June Ong (ahem), and Daryl Leong. Jude's love songs make me wanna fall (or already falling) inlove with his female lead singer. "wink" :-)

And for those uninitiated, Jude is actually the guy who wrote Wait Forever and In Another Lifetime by Gary V, Impossible by KC, and the rest of the pop songs you hear on the radio...

Then after the show i met a guy named Roy who also love the modern side of country music (Rascal Flatts, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood). He really got this deep voice and they said he's a game show host which i'm gonna watch for the first time maybe this weekend on my friend's TV (too bad i don't have one).

And I then i met a drunk guy who gave me a house music CD. Friendly with a great sense of humor. Like the guy.


Then we ate somewhere in Mabolo with some Ngoyong and Cornbeef.

Then I went home.

And as of this moment I'm finishing the draft for my next song simply titled,

" June ".

0 comments: