Saturday, March 14, 2009

JEFFREY DAHMER WENT TO HEAVEN.. RAMBLING THOUGHTS ON FORGIVENESS

People just don’t really understand what the Gospel is all about.

This is probably old news but since the movie biopic of Jeffrey Dahmer is coming soon, this issue seems to open up again…

Dahmer is mostly remembered as a serial killer who raped and ate his prey. Yes he’s a cannibal and the new movie is kind of like a horror… and it’s based on real life…

The families of the victims were very happy when Dahmer was arrested back in the 90’s and they eventually jumped for joy when they heard he died. Some family members of the victims were not even contented of the way he died. They wanted him to suffer cause according to them, what he did was unforgivable…

…but unfortunately Dahmer was forgiven by none other than the one who created him… GOD.

Yes God had been knocking on his heart for so long yet he refused to open it but he finally did on prison. He became a born again Christian in prison upon hearing the Gospel through a prison ministry.

Since then, Dahmer started to read the bible and attended in the prison church.

He then asked apology to the victims’ families yet he received forgiveness from no one.

It’s so sad when we think we’re more righteous than a cannibal.

It’s so sad when we elevate ourselves than that of a thief or a loser or a killer.

It’s so sad when we think of our selves superior than others.

It’s so sad when we see ourselves as better than others…

…Yet in the eyes of God murderers and liars are all the same to Him. no one is righteous. We all fall short of God’s glory (Romans 3:23) and sin looks all the same to God (look it in Isaiah) no matter who you are. You might be a cannibal or a procrastinator. It’s all the same to God. SIN! And that’s what separated us from Him and that’s the reason He sent Jesus to die on our behalf. Jesus did not die only to murderers. He dies for everyone including you and me because we are all sinners and no one is exempted.

And yet these family members still want revenge. I understand the grief but if only we look at the bigger picture, If only we believe when God said "BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD."

Or when He said to "CAST YOUR BURDEN UPON ME". If only we believe on those words "VENGEANCE IS THE LORD", then maybe forgiveness may not be that hard to give and revenge may not be what’s occupying in our minds….

I’m not saying that i don’t have a Jefrey Dahmer in my life. I have. Infact there are a lot. Killing my soul day by day. But thank God by His grace i learn not to hate those people but instead love them because i am just like them in the eyes of God, a sinner….

I don’t know if they accepted God’s gift of salvation. Only God and them know because i don’t see pass their heart. Only the superficial.

But one thing I do know. I keep the word of God in my heart and I have Jesus in me and that no matter how I messed up, if i repent and ask forgiveness, He is willing to forgive me cause He died for me…

Now does it mean I have to continue sinning cause I know God will forgive?

Let me ask you, do you love your parents? Your girlfriend/boyfriend? If your answer is yes, do u intend to continue hurting them knowing they love you so much that they will forgive you???

If your answer is yes, then you must be a miserable man. Love doesn’t operate that way. And same thing applies to the relationship with Jesus.

Hope you got that folks,

Michael

0 comments: