Tuesday, January 20, 2009

...

UNTIL I WAKE AGAIN
written by michael anthony curan

Oh how i miss the sunrise that blooms between the valley,
It's light yellow rays that compliments the dense cloud sky.
I said to myself, " I better wake up early next time!."
But how can i when i sleep so late?

My nights are my days
Where i go out and eat midnight pizza.
I read Ted Dekker while listening to Johnny Cash
In my tiny room apartment situated near its parking garage.

Until the dawn breaks.

Until it evolves to morning.

Until its 9 a.m.

And then off to sleep,
Never to be awaken in this world where i constantly weep.

And off to twilight where dreams begin,
Of crystal clear river flowing from deep within
the spring that builds up the city
Of bricks and stones, silver and gold.
The strands of its pillar so thick yet so elegant.
Where the trees bear fruit so sweet i can't describe,
And the leaves are soft my senses can't analyze.

And just when i saw an animate curve behind the herbs,
I realize this poem's purpose isn't really well served.
So instead i will leave this unfinished.

Just as my life is!



2009 michael anthony curan

0 comments: