Wednesday, April 22, 2009

iTunes Is A Wonderful Thing, Sometimes...






I'm not much of a digital junkie. I even burn to Cd all those important albums i downloaded, and i only download an album if it isn't available here, and in my unique taste, sadly most of my favorites aren't available here (Todd Snider, Dave Barnes, Cherryholmes, Reckless Kelly, Chatham County Line, etc).

But over the course of years since my elementary days, i have over 800 plus of original CDs now and 500 plus cassettes and some 200 plus vinyl i inhereted from my aunties and parents.

All of them babies neatly piled and arranged in my bedroom.

But here in my boarding house i only have 473 original Cds and 10 CD Wallets of those "important albums" i downloaded that weren't available here (not even in Music One).

And i am mostly familiar of those original Cds and Cassettes that i have simply because i listened to them over and over again when it was newly purchased.

But now with digital music the experience is kinda lost. Most Americana/Folk/Alt. Country bands offer their singles or sometimes their CDs for free legally, like The Damnwells and The Only Sons for example.

Plus there's this website co-created by singer/songwriter Derek Webb of Caedmon's Call where you can just download any albums the artists uploaded there for free. Yes you read it right. the artists themselves uploaded them. And majority of the music offered are gems.

And so my iTunes is full of these digital albums i wish i owned in either CDs or Vinyl.

i also have some music from my original CDs uploaded in iTunes so i could play them here in my boarding house without bringing my entire collection, which is to me one of the "plus' of having an iTunes.

This afternoon i am bored. Got nothing to do so i just sit here in my chair and read the blogosphere while setting my iTunes on Shuffle mode.

And girl, whatta delight! My iTunes does really know what i like. It isn't even on "smart shuffle". It's just the regular shuffle and so far it's all good. Here's the forty recently played songs;

1. THE BOTTLE ROCKETS- Early In The Morning
2. BOB DYLAN- I Believe In You
3. DANIELSON- Body English
4. SOLOMON BURKE- Beautiful Brown Eyes
5. MY MORNING JACKET- Thank You Too
6. SLAID CLEAVES- I Feel The Blues Moving In
7. PATTY LOVELESS & TRAVIS TRITT- Out of Control Raging Fire
8. DAVE BARNES- Everybody But You
9. WILLIE NELSON- The Way You See Me
10. TYLER LYLE- A Baptism (Why We Don't Float)
11. TOM PETTY AND THE HEARTBREAKERS- You Got Lucky
12. FICTION FAMILY- Not Sure if I'll Get Over You (I'm not Sure If I Want To)
13. BUDDY MILLER- I Can't Help It
14. LOVE SONG- Joyous Lament
15. WHISKEYTOWN- Breathe
16. RESCUE A HERO- To My Dearest
17. SARA WATKINS- Where Will You Be
18. MILES DAVIS- So What?
19. FM STATIC- The Shindig (Off To College)
20. THE DIFFICULT STRANGER- Abac
21. JACK INGRAM- What Makes You Say
22. UNDERCOVER GRASSHOPPERS- Frantic Static
23. SLIMFIT- Pony Up
24. BO BICE- You Can't Take The Country Outta Me
25. MATTHEW PERRYMAN JONES- Breaking Out The Windows
26. CATTSKI- Hero
27. NICKEL CREEK- When In Rome
28. SON VOLT- Picking Up The Signal
29. TODD SNIDER- Can't Complain
30. BECK- Guess I'm Doing Fine
31. RAY CHARLES- It Makes No Difference Now
32. OLD 97's- Am I Too Late
33. GASLIGHT ANTHEM- 59 Sound
34. THE LOST TRAILERS- Holler Back
35. ELI YOUNG BAND- When It Rains
36. LEVON HELMS- Calvary
37. CHERRYHOLMES- You Don't Know What Love Is
38. DEATH CAB FOR CUTIES- Little Bribes
39. ARETHA FRANKLIN- Respect
40. DERYL DODD- Only Cause You're Lonely


Out of the forty, four of 'em are local filipino talents. They are Rescue A Hero, Undercover Grasshoppers, The Difficult Stranger (more of craziness than talent), and Cattski.

And yes i set my iTunes not to repeat an artist unless all the artirts' been played...

0 comments: